S.A.D. 10,000 Lux Full Spectrum Lightbox
The Brightness Of Spring... For The Dark Days Of Winter
Light, like water and air, is essential to our well-being. Studies have shown that during fall and winter about 20% of the population is affected by fatigue, irritability, anxiety, weight gain, social withdrawal, and a lack of alertness. Most affected are those living in northern latitudes and in frequently overcast areas, especially during the shortened fall and winter days. About 75% of those affected are women.
Our body has a very distinct 24 hour cycle. This cycle is controlled by bright light (the sun). Shift workers, travelers crossing several time zones, people with certain sleep disorders, often feel "out of sorts" because their daily cycle is "out of sync" with the sun.
The Aurora Full Spectrum Light System has been engineered for those who have shown to be adversely affected by the lack of natural sunlight, due to inadequate exposure of their living and work space during the dark and depressing Fall and Winter months.
For US Orders Only On This Item
Full Spectrum Lightbox-The Brightness Of Spring... For The Dark Days Of Winter
- Often Prescribed As A Treatment For Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Can Be Used While Performing Other Tasks
- Uses The Latest High Power And High C.R.I. Fluorescent Technology To Best Simulate The Sun's Rays. (Lumiram, High Lumen Output, With Patented Unique Phosphor Blend Full Spectrum Fluorescents, 110 Watt, 20,000 Hours.
- Provides 10,000 Lux Of Bright, Color Balanced, Sun-Like Ray's At A Distance Of 36" (12,000 Lux At 24"), Which, Unlike Most Other Light Boxes, Does Not Require Close Sitting. Note: Lux is a unit used to measure light intensity. Indoor light levels range from 200 to 700 lux, while outdoor light levels, on a sunny spring day, range from 2,000 to well beyond 10,000 lux.
- Utilizes An Advanced Flicker-Free High Power Factor Electronic Ballast For Long Term Efficiency And Reliable Operation.
- Equipped With A Special Prismatic Lens For Comfortable, Glare-Free Light Distribution,
- Safe - Shields From Harmful Uv And Electromagnetic Radiation
Features Of Aurora Full Spectrum Light Box:
- Compact Size, Lightweight (only 10 lbs.measures 12 1/2 x 23 x 3 7/8)
- Easy To Carry With Handle
- Made In The U.S.A.-U.L Listed (Lumiram Full Spectrum Lamps made in Germany)
- Uses only 110 watts • Tube Life: 20,000 Hrs.
- Lifetime Warranty on parts and labor- 2 years on bulbs